As a response to the concept of ‘aid effectiveness’, development effectiveness rejects the idea that better delivery of aid would automatically lead to better development results.
Oxfam Great Britain defines a global citizen as someone who:
- Is aware of the wider world and has a sense of their own role as a world citizen
- Respects and values diversity
- Has an understanding of how the world works
- Is outraged by social injustice
- Participates in the community at a range of levels, from the local to the global
- Is willing to act to make the world a more equitable and sustainable place
- Takes responsibility for their actions.